Tuesday, December 11, 2012

real mail

A postcard from Singapore.
A Christmas card and holiday note (with *adorable* photos of my current favorite toddler) and her dads.

Most days, the post just contains bills and ads.  Getting too pieces of personal mail in one day? Pretty awesome.

In college, and in the early years of graduate school, I had friends with whom I corresponded. Letters. Actual missives on paper, though we also took advantage of emails.  I have boxes of those old letters stored away, though every few years I cull some.  We decorated the envelopes. we drew pictures and told stories, and... yeah, I miss getting such lovely things in the mail. It's not like I kept it up either though.

Every once in a while, I get inspired to send a postcard or two to distant friends.  And I'm ever so pleased and grateful when such things find their way into my mailbox.

No comments: