Wednesday, December 12, 2012

neck hang

Last week, for the first time ever, I did neck hang on a hoop. Which is pretty much what it sounds like -- you hang with the back of your neck against/over the hoop (or bar, or rope loop, depending on your apparatus), with your head on one side and your body arched.

I've been working on this trick on trapeze for what seems like *forever*.  Last week, trying it on the hoop, it suddenly clicked, the way that the weight needs to be proportioned, where the hoop needs to be placed on the back of the neck, how to get into it, how to hold it.

Then, the next day, I did it on trapeze. Not a fluke.

This week, I repeated it on hoop. My coach told me to tell my husband I should get champagne. Ahem, Bandito, I see bubbly in my future, oui?

There is something so fundamentally satisfying about finally getting a trick I've been working on for such a long time. It felt like a gift.

No comments: