Sunday, December 16, 2012

gratitude, a mess of days


Because the last few days have been oh-so-busy. In good ways, but oh-so-busy.

And the point of this "gratitude blogging" isn't to make it a chore, but to take a few moments every day to think about the things I'm grateful for.

I've actually done that a lot in the last few days.  I've been doing a trapeze show this weekend -- fairly informal, a bit like a student recital rather than the themed show that we did in the spring.  It takes up time, but there's also a lot of "hurry up and wait", and blog posts don't get written during hurry up and wait. Instead, thoughts get filed.

So: Gratitude, day 13?
the easy run in the park I jammed into my schedule. I didn't have time. But I needed that hour where I breathed in and moved in an entirely different way. The air was crisp and the light slanted and beautiful.

Gratitude, day 14.  Watching a five-year-old girl perform a hand-balancing act with her father. It was adorable, and life-affirming, and it was a day that needed that.
The show we're doing is very kid-oriented, and it was just delightful to see the smiles and the laughter after the news.

No comments: